- 2.2Mtpa processing plant
- Silver Swan underground 16kt Ni* (grade - 9.5%)
- Black Swan open pit & stockpiles 179kt Ni* (grade - 0.6%)
- High-grade discovery at Golden Swan
- Southern Terrace
The Black Swan Project is located approximately 600km east of Perth and 50km northeast of Kalgoorlie, Western Australia and 300kms South of Poseidon’s Windarra Nickel Project.
Poseidon acquired the Black Swan Project from Norilsk Nickel Australia in late 2014. The project comprises the Silver Swan underground mine, the Black Swan open pit and the Black Swan 2.2Mtpa Concentrator with 191,400t of nickel metal in resource.
The Black Swan deposit was mined via the open pit method but did not reach completion before being put on care and maintenance in 2009. It has a remaining resource of 179kt of nickel metal grading 0.6% Ni.
The Silver Swan underground mine contains 136kt @ 9.1% Ni for 12.4kt contained nickel metal. The mine was also placed on care and maintenance in 2009 and the decline remains accessible to the bottom of the mine with pumping and other infrastructure being maintained.
Other infrastructure on-site includes a tailings facility, all mine and mill offices, admin building, laboratory, change rooms, workshops, mines rescue and emergency facilities.
Golden Swan Discovery
- Maiden hole drilled in March 2020 targeting electromagnetic conductors intersected high-grade massive nickel sulphides
- 1st intersection
- 23.1m @ 4.0% Ni & 0.4% Cu (true width 13.3m) includes 7.6m @ 8.8% Ni (true width 4.3m)
- 2nd intersection
- 9.0m @ 10.46% Ni (true width 4.5m) includes 4.6m @ 13.8% Ni (true width 2.3m)
- Additional high conductance anomaly identified in latest DHEM survey